Hi, this is Life Coach John Curran here, and today I’m going to give you 5 tips to success for improving your self-confidence. I decided to talk to you today about the how to improve self-confidence because a large percentage of our population suffers from low self-esteem and poor self-confidence. Did you know that a whopping 85 % of people suffer from low self-esteem?
So, if you’re having challenges kicking your bad habits such as sugar addiction, or being overweight, or some other bad habit, you could be among the more than 85 percent of people, who lack high self-esteem.
In other words, MOST of us don’t have the high self-esteem we need to attract abundance, have rewarding relationships, be happy and achieve fulfillment.
1. Get outside your comfort zone on a daily basis If you want to build self-confidence quickly, you have to put yourself in situations that make you uncomfortable as often as you can. As a matter of fact, you should do this every single day. Step outside your comfort zone on a daily basis.
2. Listen to your self-talk. Do you call yourself stupid, fat, ugly, or foolish? Why not turn that around? Boosting self-esteem and improving self-confidence involves treating yourself kindly – because if you don’t, who will?
3. Gratitude Set aside time each day to mentally list everything you have to be grateful for. Recall your past successes, unique skills, loving relationships, and positive momentum. You’ll be amazed how much you have going for you which will motivate you to take that next step towards success.
4. Compliment other people Get in the habit of praising other people. Refuse to engage in backstabbing gossip and make an effort to compliment those around you. In the process, you’ll become well liked and build self-confidence. By looking for the best in others, you indirectly bring out the best in yourself.
5. Work out If you’re out of shape, you’ll feel insecure, unattractive, and less energetic. By working out, you improve your physical appearance, energize yourself, and accomplish something positive. Having the discipline to work out not only makes you feel better, it creates positive momentum that you can build on the rest of the day.
1. Know what you want and ask for it. The answer is always NO if you don’t ask.
2. Be a good listener. People love to talk about themselves and more doors will be open to you if you learn this important skill.
5. Choose an environment in which you can succeed. Avoid energy vampires. You know the type: people who suck the life energy out of you.
Okay, now that I have given you some highly effective tips to improve your self-confidence, pick a few of the tips from this list and begin implementing them. In no time at all, you’ll notice your self-confidence skyrocketing!
Originally posted on January 21, 2012, by John Curran, Silver City Life Coach